Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo Travel2_zps84e5bea8.png Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, July 6, 2012

The road to the altar..

This past weekend we celebrated one of my best friends weddings. It was truly an amazing weekend and one that I'll never forget. We kicked off the festivities Friday with the "I Do BBQ" which consisted of cowboy boots, bbq, bandanas, WINE and lots of fun. The room was beautifully decorated and even more importantly filled with love. I can't lie, we did get super classy and play flip cup once a lot of the older people left. Then we all headed to a local country bar for their opening night. We sure stuck to the theme! We had a blast and may or may not have ended the night with a trip to Mc. Donalds. What the bride wants, the bride gets! :)
When we woke up bright and early, and hungover, it was time to start primping for the big day. Katie had breakfast delivered for us, as well as Publix Subs and a gorgeous fruit tray that we had to fill our stomachs. She prepared us well for a day filled with drinking. A lady came who did all of our hair and makeup. Katie was perfectly calm and relaxed, almost too calm. I kept trying to ask if if it hadn't set in yet because she was just hanging out like any other day. I guess that's a good thing :) 
A trolley (um how cute?) picked us girls up and took us to the church. On the way she gifted us with monogrammed totes, monogrammed clutch size bags, infinity gold bracelets that we're seriously TO DIE FOR (can you tell that I'm obsessed?), mini shot bottle and cool stunner shades for our grand entrance into the reception. Everything in the bag was amazing, but I have to say the card was most touching of all. The whole getting ready and champagne induced ride to the church was surreal and incredible. Definitely perfect moments that will last a lifetime!
After the I DO's, the whole bridal party was back on the Trolley headed to the reception where we made patterned up with the guys and each did a fun dance when we entered. Thank God for the shades. Once they were on, I didn't have any fear. OK, it was also the alcohol. Some of us took a shot of Gentlemen Jack on the way to the reception. I had never tried it and it wasn't half bad!
Jason's best man seriously delivered the best speech I've ever heard. If I had a copy, I'd love to share it with you. The night consisted of a TON of drinks, dancing and FUN! Surprisingly, there were no "Oh My, that just happened" moments. Everything went according to plan, which I know Katie was thrilled about.
We brought the celebration downtown after the reception because we just didn't want the day to end. I can't describe in words how amazing the day truly was but I'm so happy I got to be a part of such a special day in their lives.
So cheers to you guys. I hope you have a marriage more beautiful than your wedding. I know that's setting the bar high but if you can do that, you'll have nothing to worry about ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the most perfect day!

    Love the pictures. What a beautiful wedding.

    Congrats to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love this Steph! And, I love you. Thank you so much for everythingggggg.

    ReplyDelete